November 4, 2008

Election Day in Asheville

We are very politically motivated here at Carolina Mornings, so we want to say - please, please GO VOTE today if you haven't early voted already. We don't care if you vote for Obama or McCain, or the write-in of your choice... as long as you pick the right candidate. Just kidding!

Really, exercising your right to vote feels really good when you do it, so go get in line! In Asheville, polling places are open 6:30 am - 7:30 pm, and as long as you make it to the line before 7:30 (even if it's at 7:29) you are guaranteed to get in to vote.

And if you need more incentive than that, a lot of companies around the country are providing freebies to voters.

Just a few corporate locations that I've heard word-of-mouth about:
Ben & Jerry's will give you a free scoop of ice cream between 5-8 p.m.
Starbucks will give you a free cup of coffee.
Krispy Kreme will give you a free red-and-blue star shaped donut.

As far as local Asheville businesses, I've only heard about West End Bakery offering free coffee.
Has anyone else discovered local freebies? Please share by leaving a comment! Thanks :)

At all of these places, your word should be enough to get you these offers. As I understand it, law prohibits the trade of products for votes, so this marketing attempt must be a courtesy to everyone without proof being shown.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I got a coffee this morning at West End Bakery. Maybe for lunch I'll go to Starbucks. Cool! Thanks!

askasheville said...

Man, I wished I would have read this earlier. Could have been like a progressive rally of sorts.

Kelly said...

I got my Starbucks coffee, but I didn't make it to any other freebies :)