November 23, 2010

It's Gingerbread season again...


Oh how I love the holidays! Not only the gathering of loved ones, the feasting, the giving and receiving, the crisp morning air... I also love the activities that we come up with to keep ourselves occupied indoors. One such activity is gingerbread house building, and I absolutely love to peruse the amazing creations of these builders at the National Gingerbread House Competition & Display at The Grove Park Inn here in Asheville, NC. I am enamored with how people are able to create such awesome displays with limited ingredients. I also love walking around the Inn during holiday season and feeling the warmth of the people as well as the massive fireplaces! To top it all off, the display is FREE to the public for viewing Monday thru Thursday from November 17, 2010- January 2, 2011. If you find yourself here in Asheville surrounded by the beauty of the Appalachians, do get over and enjoy a leisurely stroll- lots of eye candy!!