Ready to get into the summer groove dancing in the streets? Bele Chere takes over Asheville from July 27th through 29th! The largest free arts and music street festival in the Southeast, Bele Chere has been drawing crowds of excited fans to downtown Asheville, NC, for 34 years. With the Blue Ridge Mountains as a backdrop, everyone enjoys three days of food and fun at this festival named for "Beautiful Living."
If you've never been to Bele Chere before, here's ten convincing reasons to take a summer break and see what it's all about.
1. Over forty bands are playing absolutely free all day and night, from local acts including Jonathan Scales Fourchestra and Grammy Award winners David Holt and Balsam Range to national headliners Los Amigos Invisibles, Dr. Dog, and BoomBox.
2. Kids activities! The Children's Area offers exciting rides, fun performances and sing-alongs, Tae Kwon Do instruction, and friendly animals from the Western North Carolina Nature Center.
3. Asheville is Beer City USA and Bele Chere gives you a taste of brews from dozens of local microbreweries, plus you can walk around town with your beer as long as you have an over-21 festival wristband.
4. Come hungry because the Taste of Asheville and the Pritchard Park Food Court aim to satisfy all of your festival cravings, from farm-to-table gourmet cuisine to funnel cakes and kettle corn.
5. Watch dogs of all breeds make a splash while attempting the "Longest Leap" in the Purina Ultimate Air Dogs competition.
6. Enjoy a unique opportunity to meet artists and watch them create their handmade works of art in the Arts Park, including jewelry makers, photographers, ceramics artists, woodworkers, and painters.
7. Asheville's finest and funniest street performers are out in full force during Bele Chere. In a city that's famous for top-notch buskers, this is the best time to see musicians, jugglers, and living statues break out their best acts.
8. Get active! Bring your running shoes and participate in the Bele Chere 5K.
9. Find one-of-a-kind gifts for your loved ones from hundreds of craft and merchant vendors throughout the festival.
10. Once you visit Asheville, you'll want to stay a while! Spend the whole week exploring this mountain paradise and you'll discover breathtaking views from the Blue Ridge Parkway, cascading waterfalls, picturesque fields of wildflowers, and the serenity that comes from time spent surrounded by natural beauty.
A vacation rental cabin transforms a family trip into a full-on relaxing getaway. Carolina Mornings is Asheville's premiere resource for mountain cabin rentals, offering pet-friendly properties, exclusive discounts with the complimentary Mountain Discovery Pass, private amenities, and on-staff concierge service. Call our Vacation Planners today to reserve the perfect Asheville cabin for your group!