Holiday time is fast approaching and Moms everywhere are bustling to make sure plans are in order. If you're traveling this season, the North Carolina mountains have plenty to offer, and Carolina Mornings has a huge selection of mountain vacation rentals to choose from. Of course, when visiting Asheville during the holidays, you'll want to spend time touring the Biltmore Estate and enjoying the giant Christmas tree at Biltmore Park Town Square, but long before all of the sights have been seen, your family will be craving some down time. However, time spent back at the house shouldn't be limited to video games and watching football; the focus of the holidays is on spending quality time together. Here are a few ideas that are easy and suitable for any time of the year, making a big impact with minimal planning:
|Sunny and Spacious Mockingbird Hill|
1. Games - Throw a couple decks of cards on the kitchen table and see what happens. Anyone for a game of War? And isn't it about time someone taught Junior how to play poker?
2. Craft Table - Cover the floor with newspaper, break out the construction paper and Elmer's glue, and let the ideas fly. Whether the kids are making ornaments or gingerbread houses, you can guarantee at least a few adults will unleash their creativity and join in the fun. It keeps the kids busy and makes parents proud!
3. Talent Show - Sure, Grandpa's probably going to gross out the kids with the world's longest beer burp, but maybe you'll learn a little about your family too. Everybody's got some special talent they can share. Showing off will bring your family together and make them laugh.
4. Karaoke - Use the Play Station for something everyone can participate in. Maybe little sister will surprise everyone and sing a Beatles tune.
5. Best Dessert Contest - Here's an idea that will satisfy even the grumpiest member of your family. Have everyone make their favorite dessert, anything from Christmas cookies to a fancy cake. Then comes the fun part: tallying up the votes!
|There's Room for the Whole Family at Wilderness Haven|
Vacation rentals are perfect for bringing families together during the holidays. You needn't worry about redecorating or cleaning up before everyone arrives: Carolina Mornings has already done it for you. Plus, all of our vacation rental cabins have fully-equipped kitchens to help you keep your family's big appetites satisfied. Just imagine them playing cards around the dining table at Mockingbird Hill while their desserts are baking in the oven! (And after the games are over, you can send the kids to the private downstairs level and retreat to the Japanese soaking tub...) Or maybe the cabin decor of spacious Wilderness Haven fits your perfect mountain holiday fantasy. Simplify your family's experience by calling one of our Vacation Planners at Carolina Mornings; let us help you figure out your accommodations so that you can enjoy more quality time with your loved ones!