|Kids Love the Fountains at Pack Square Park in Asheville|
1. Pack Square Park is a giant outdoor space in the center of town with interactive water features to cool the kids off.
2. Asheville is also home to several award-winning independent toy stores. Check out the recent blog for more information on them.
3. Have a mountain adventure! There's lots of hiking trails with waterfall scenery in Great Smokey Mountains National Park, rafting trips down the French Broad River, and Elijah Mountain Gem Mine in nearby Hendersonville.
4. Drive the Blue Ridge Parkway south of Asheville and you'll climb up Pisgah Mountain and travel through a half dozen tunnels, reaching a lodge and gift store perched on top.
5. The Health Adventure at Biltmore Square Mall is a interactive wonderland for young children. Let them burn off some energy with dozens of exhibits like SPIN! and Raceways, where they'll learn about the human body and how to keep it healthy.
Vacation rentals are perfect for parents
If your ideal vacation involves quality family time, private amenities, and separate rooms so you can truly get some much-deserved rest, a Carolina Mornings mountain vacation cabin is what you need. Fully-equipped kitchens mean that you won't have to eat every meal out, and having a big yard means there's lots of room for running around. Bring the family dog too: many of Carolina Mornings' Asheville vacation rental homes are pet friendly!