With attractions ranging from square dancing to a Juried Arts Fair to a world-renowned poetry slam, Lake Eden Arts Festival (LEAF) in Black Mountain, North Carolina, has discoveries and delights for the entire family. This music and arts festival takes place each spring and fall, and is coming up soon - May 10 through 13, 2012.
Here's a few reasons you'll want to take a vacation and head to Black Mountain for LEAF:
1. Fun for the whole family, with part of the 600-acre site dedicated solely to kids' activities you can keep them laughing all day.
2. Music and dancing from around the world, from blues legend Taj Mahal to the Preservation Hall Jazz Band, a New Orleans staple. Take a whirl around the dance floor with that special someone.
3.Cultural and artistic inspiration in an idyllic mountain setting.
4. Swimming, canoeing, zip-lining, hiking, dancing, dancing, dancing!
5. A Healing Arts Area with experts who specialize in the nourishment of your body and soul.
6. Gourmet international food vendors, with all food prepared fresh on site and over 20 culinary vendors, from vegetarian fare to locally brewed beer.
Day tickets are available for Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, with free passes for kids under 10 and discounts for kids under 18. For more information on booking a mountain vacation cabin during LEAF festival, call Carolina Mornings.