May 23, 2008

The Green Sage: Fair trade coffee, local organic foods, and eco-friendly business

Today I came across this Around Asheville post about the Green Sage coffee shop, located downtown at the corner of Broadway and College Street.

I did know the Green Sage was open, and am glad to have another coffeehouse where the beloved Bean Streets used to reside. But until coming across this post, I had no idea the Green Sage's hook is all fair trade coffee, local organic food, and ecologically minded business practices. This post also brought to my attention their roof-top solar panels, which I hadn't noticed when driving through town (too busy trying not to run over pedestrians or rear-end other vehicles!).

Tonight the Green Sage hosts a talk about what makes a model green business, at 6:30pm.

I probably won't make it to the talk, but after viewing the list of goals (to the left) on their Web site, I'm definitely checking it out - hopefully for brunch tomorrow!

They also have great hours:
Coffeehouse
Mon-Wed 7:30am - 9pm
Thursday 7:30am - 10pm
Friday 7:30am - 11pm
Saturday 8am - 11pm
Sunday 8am - 9pm

Café (Seasonal Hours)
Breakfast until 4pm Daily
Lunch & Dinner 11am-8pm (Sun-Thurs), 9pm (Fri,Sat)

Who doesn't love a late brunch on a Saturday!?

No comments: